I read a blog called The Pioneer Woman, and she’s always got some great recipes on her site. I had to share her steak bites. They are great for a party, but you’ll need to open the windows because the butter does smoke.
- 1 sirloin or round steak
- 4T butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the steak into approximately 1″ chunks, cutting off any fat or gristle.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Add 2T butter, and let it brown but not blacken.
- Place some of the meat into the pan and let it cook without stirring for 30-45 seconds.
- Flip the meat over and let it cook for another 30 seconds.
- The meat should be browned on the outside and still rare on the inside.
- Remove the meat, add in another 2T of butter and repeat the process.