This is one of my favourite roasts!
- 1 sirloin tip roast (2-4lbs.)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt or kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- In a bowl, smash the garlic and salt with a fork until a thick paste is formed.
- Drizzle in the oil and add the pepper.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and smear the mixture on all sides of the meat.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 275F and roast until a meat thermometer reads 140F for medium-rare – approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest for approximately 15 minutes before carving.