I’m always looking for ways to use up leftover pot roasts, so here are some ideas!
Day One: Pot Roast
- Serve the pot roast with mashed potatoes.
- Make leftover mashed potatoes.
Day Two: Enchiladas
- Shred some of the leftover meat.
- You can add any kind of additions to the filling that you like: black olives, cilantro, jalapenos, onions, peppers, etc.
- Place a spoonful of meat and additions in a tortilla and wrap it up.
- Place the enchiladas in a casserole dish so that they fit together snugly.
- Pour over enchilada sauce (Confession: I buy mine in a can). You can also use salsa.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Heat in a 350 degree oven until heated through, approximately 20 minutes
Day Three: Shepherd’s Pie
- Chop or shred any leftover meat and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour over leftover gravy from pot roast.
- Add a layer of frozen vegetables or any other leftover vegetables.
- Top with leftover mashed potatoes. Add some shredded cheese if you like.
- Heat in a 350 degree oven until heated through, approximatley 45 minutes.