- Our beef is grass-fed and finished and naturally-raised.
- We age our beef for a minimum of 14 days to enhance flavour and tenderness.
- We use NO growth hormones.
- We feed NO genetically modified (GM) feed.
- Absolutely NO animal by-products are used in our feed.
Cows are meant to eat grass which is why they have four stomachs. Compared with feedlot beef, grass-fed has less total fat, less saturated fat, less cholesterol, and fewer calories. It also has more vitamin E, beta carotene, vitamin C, Omega 3 fatty acids, and conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) which is an anti-carcinogen. We also find that grass-fed beef tastes better. For more information, check out Eat Wild.
In the summer, we practice intensive grazing. Our pastures are divided into paddocks so that the cows graze all the grasses and legumes instead of just eating their favorite treats and leaving behind the others. Once the paddock has been grazed to a certain level, the animals are then moved to a new paddock. This gives the pasture time to recover and keep the land healthier.
In the winter, the animals are fed a mix of hay and higher-protein wrapped hay. They can take shelter in the barn but can also walk in the pasture when they want.